Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

How to obtain data from exact date

I have an excel chart with dates and comments.

I need to create a chart within QlikView to let me know which comments were done one week before or after the today date.

Thanks!!

B.

Tags (4)
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to obtain data from exact date

I'm not sure if this would work with a text field, but for numeric fields, I use a lot of flags.

So in your script,

First define a variable to be equal to the max date

then add this:

InWeekToDate(YourDate,VariableofMaxDate,0) * -1 as CurWTDFlag

This will assign a 0 to all records where the date is not within the current week and a 1 to those dates that are in the current week.

Then in your expression you can multiple your field by the flag, returning 0 if the field is outside of the current week. 

Not applicable

I'm not sure if this would work with a text field, but for numeric fields, I use a lot of flags.

So in your script,

First define a variable to be equal to the max date

then add this:

InWeekToDate(YourDate,VariableofMaxDate,0) * -1 as CurWTDFlag

This will assign a 0 to all records where the date is not within the current week and a 1 to those dates that are in the current week.

Then in your expression you can multiple your field by the flag, returning 0 if the field is outside of the current week. 

Not applicable

sampleqlikview.jpg

Hi! Many thanks for your rapid response, but i think i dont get it.

Look, attached is my chart from QV, it contains data and comments, all, but I need to be cappable to filter those comments from last week, or last month (all in)....does it make sense to you??

Regards,

B.

Not applicable

sampleqlikview.jpg

Hi! Many thanks for your rapid response, but i think i dont get it.

Look, attached is my chart from QV, it contains data and comments, all, but I need to be cappable to filter those comments from last week, or last month (all in)....does it make sense to you??

Regards,

B.

jason_michaelid
Honored Contributor II

See my post here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/256243#256243

It leverages code written by Rob Wunderlich to create a table of standard date ranges which links to your date field.  You can select anything then - This week, Last week, This Year, Last Quarter etc etc etc.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Community Browser