Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to reference the value of an object in another object

I am just testing out QlikView and it is very cool.

I need to know if you can reference the output of one object as input to another?

Example:

Object "A" is a detached object showing the Total of all widgets

Object "B" wants to use the total of all widgets in Object "A" to calculate the relative % of Object "B" values; e.g.  Hairdryer is 10% of total widgets sold.

One reason for doing this is to be able to give a percentage of the total database and not just its relative parts.

When I attempt to do percentages of a straight table I use the formula of: sum(value)/sum(total value) and mark the Expression tab as "relative" to get the line items as a percentage of the total. But that total is just for the relative items selected from the group.

I need an absolute total to use.  maybe there is a better way.

I need to show a table that when I select one of its parts it gives me the value of the selection relative to the absolute total of the database and not just to the items selected.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Italoman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

sum(value)/sum({1}total value)

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

sum(value)/sum({1}total value)

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Works fine -- did not realize QV is so powerful. The more I see the more I like.

thank you!