Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

How to separate different kinds of differences

Hi,

I am just comparing two different possibilities to do essentially the same:

- Right now, we are using Crystal to generate our turnover which is suboptimal in several points (I won't go into details here, I don't
   want to risk my prejudices, I have worked hard on them 😉

- I want to replace that (or those because there is not one Crystal_report for turnover, but we have to use several) by one
   QlikView_report.

To that end, I am reading from an Excel file that has been generated out of the CR for June and at the same time I'm running the QlikView_app for June.

- Now I have a nr. of records in the CR and one in QlikView. There are approx. 3.000 items'  difference.

- However, when I

- select all selectable items in the listbox of the items_in_QlikView and then

- select all excluded from the listbox of the items_in_CR
       (both tables are linked, but the fields I do the count on are not the keyfield)

=> I get a count of approx. 6.000 items' difference.

=> So I guess that the sheer number of items differs by about 3.000 while the other 3.000 just don't match for any reason.

=> How could I separate these?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

No, I think that was a thinking error,

- the 2.462 (difference in the sheer nr. of records between CR and QV) are contained in the 6.612 (items in CR without a match in QV).

So I need to try to eliminate the non-matching items bit by bit and eventually I will have only a nr. of matching items - and a nr. of items that are just not present in QlikView.

I will try. I think approx. 1/3 (about 2.000) may be due to the CR "looking at" a different date than QlikView, so that the CR shows a number of items that fall outside the timeframe that I have selected in qlikView.