Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use a "nested" variable values in a chart?

Hello fellows,

I'm trying to create a waterfall chart where each column is different value of some economic effects related to sales. Each column represents a value of a calculated variable. I came up with an idea that I will load thsese variables' names from Excel and then un-husk their values using num() function. Please see my attached .qvw file.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in a chart (or straight table) when I put  =num(variable_name, '# ##0,00') in expressions. I don't know what is the proper syntax here. Can anyone help me?

I would like to change the variables from numeric form to expressions in my final file, e.g. eSales_2007 from '21' to '=Sum(Sales)' etc. Will it still work in chart then?

I assume that this problem is trivial, however, If I need to change my solution beside syntax, I would be also very thankful for any suggestions (especially if there is some easier way than uising an additional xlsx file, but this is not a problem of course). Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Pawel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pawel,

this is not the best of constructions, however within the model that you had, the way to do this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pawel,

this is not the best of constructions, however within the model that you had, the way to do this.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Claudio for your swift answer and I'm terribly sorry for answering you just now.

Your solution is much more ellegant than mine and it is exactly what I needed - I just didn't know how to achieve 4 different expressions without having 4x4 columns. I have now delivered my waterfall chart analysis and the result is great - I wouldn't be able to do this without your help so thanks again!