Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to write a expression

Hello All,

I need help in writing a expression ,the below table as three dimensions

1)Material Code,2)Vendor code,3)Plant code

and Four expressions    

1)Residual:    sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi)

2) VolumeFY2017(16-17):  Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)                                                                3)    Column(1)*Column(2)

4)Savings Potential :

sum(aggr(

Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)*sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi])

,[MATERIAL CODE],[VENDOR CODE],[PLANT CODE]

))

Capture.PNG

So the problem is when i use column(1)*column(2) iam getting 29973.741(203.903*147) which is correct but

when i am trying to use along with aggr function i am getting Zero ,

so kindly any one suggestion what am i missing in my expression 4th, or is there any other way to write the above expression

Thanks

14 Replies
naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

1)Residual:        sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi)

2) VolumeFY2017(16-17):  Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)        

3)    Column(1)*Column(2)

4)Savings Potential :

sum(aggr(

Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)*sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

But, Column(1) and Column(2) won't written Aggr() then why you are trying with Aggr() in third column?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

i need to show only column 4 ,i just displayed rest of the column for clear understanding purpose

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are expression 3 and 4 supposed to return same results? if so, why are you trying with aggr() when you get that using column() function?  Meanwhile, you can try like:

sum(aggr( NODISTINCT

Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)*sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi)

))

naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

the total which suppose to get from expression 4   is correct (2513340.18+29973.741=2543313.921),

the total i am getting from column(1) * column(2) is wrong ,thats why i am trying to use aggr function to get correct total

naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

the above expression giving me wrong total

naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Capture.PNG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you share your sample app?

naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Any more Suggestion on the above requirement ....