Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Input Box Variable and Displaying Data

I have an assortment of columns in a pivot table that are loaded in as one field and they have dates from 1/01/2003-1/01/2019, but it also contains a few names show below.

Capture2.JPG.jpg

I set up some start and end date variables based on the field that creates these columns because I want to display the last 6 and future 6 months. The issue I am having is it is limiting my columns to only the dates between my start and end date, But I want the ERC, Pool Life Totals, and IRR to display along with my desired months. I am not sure of a way to get the months I want, along with the named ones, to display being they are bother numberic and character.

6 Replies
Nicole-Smith

For the dimension that has the field with the numeric and date values, you should be able to write something like:

if(

(Field >= YourStartDateVariable and Field <= YourEndDateVariable) or

match(Field, 'ERC', 'Pool Life Totals', 'IRR'),

Field

)

Then just check "Suppress When Value Is Null".

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This doesnt seem tobe working or doing anything at all. Your method makes sense, but I don't know how to apply this to my input box setup. I am trying to allow a selection of dates, while always displaying the text.

Capture2.JPG.jpg

Capture.JPG.jpg

Nicole-Smith

The calculation I gave you should go as the dimension on your pivot table, not in your input box.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have it as a dimension, the variables in the input box have presedence over the dimension because I have to select the min and max date, then it NAMEs do not show

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok so let's say I go with using this as a dimension to show specific months and then the other labeled fields, how can I put this into a button to enable/disable the dimension so that they see hust the months I wants, or if they disable they can once again see all the months and labeled fields. ?