Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Input Box and Concat

Hi

Previously I was able to use the function = concat( Distinct Company, ',' ) in a inputbox's Listed Values text box on the Constraints tab.

This allowed me to show all the different company names as drop-down values in the input box.

When I try to do this now (currently in version 10, SR2), it show the drop-down values all in one row, for example Company1,Company2,Company3 etc. (see screenshot below). I also tried it using another delimiter ; in the function, but this also gave the same problem  = concat( Distinct Company, ';' )

image.jpg

image2.jpg

I would appreciate it if someone had an idea / example of how I should go about to do this.

Thank you

Jan-Hendrik

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Input Box and Concat

Ok, got it. Get to the Help menu, click on the "Document Support Info". A dialog with information about your document and environment appears. You will see there "List Separator" the Sys preference, in my case, is set to ";" whilst Doc in your case is set to ".". So type instead

=Concat(Field, '.')

And the values will appear as expected.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

12 Replies
MVP
MVP

Hello Jan-Hendrik,

Use the following instead in the "Listed Values" expression dialog in the object properties, "Constraints" tab as in the attached example:

=Concat(DISTINCT Field, ';')

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Input Box and Concat

Hi Miguel

Thank you for the feedback. This however did not solve my problem, I still get only one value in drop-down box showing:

Value A, Value B, Value C

Thus values show next to each other opposed to underneath each other.

When I use your document however it works correctly on my computer. Thus I'm wondering whather is isn't a setting on the document which need to be changed or alternatively it could be a bug.

Any ideas from someone

Thank you

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Input Box and Concat

Hi Miguel

Thank you for the feedback. This however did not solve my problem, I still get only one value in drop-down box showing:

When I use your document however it works correctly on my computer. Thus I'm wondering whather is isn't a setting on the document which need to be changed or alternatively it could be a bug.

Any ideas from someone

Thank you

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Input Box and Concat

Hi Miguel

Any ideas from someone

Thank you

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Input Box and Concat

Sorry, above should read

Value A;Value B;Value C

Image4.jpg

MVP
MVP

How did you create the variable? Is it in the load script? Did you do that in the Variable Overview in the Settings menu? In case is might be a bug, have you tried with the latest revision of QV 10 SR3 (build 9061) before contacting to the Support guys? Is there any chance you can upload your non-working document so we can check further?

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

P.S.: I wouldn't mark as helpful a reply when it is not actually helpful. It may mislead another people with a similar issue looking for help.

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Input Box and Concat

Hi Miguel

Thx for your further correspondence

I tried both adding variable in >> Settings  >> Variable Overview as well as in load script.

I also upgraded to QV10 SR3 (build 9061).

In both cases I get the same problem.

Link to example doc:

InputBoxConcat.qvw

Thank you for your assistance so far.

Jan-Hendrik

qlikconsult
New Contributor III

Hi

Sorry, find attached example file, previous method not correct

MVP
MVP

Ok, got it. Get to the Help menu, click on the "Document Support Info". A dialog with information about your document and environment appears. You will see there "List Separator" the Sys preference, in my case, is set to ";" whilst Doc in your case is set to ".". So type instead

=Concat(Field, '.')

And the values will appear as expected.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Community Browser