Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inputfield - Working with results of input

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having a lot of trouble working with an inputfield.

In short, what I require is Qlikview to calculate a sum for me which is made up of two parts - determined by an if statement.

The difficulty is that the if statement conditions on the value in an inputfield.

More clearly - my data looks like this:

Price     Transaction Cost     Limit (inputfield)     Rate Thereafter (inputfield)

20         50                          100                         1%

20         150                        100                         1%

20         200                        100                         1%

20         80                          100                         1%

If the transaction cost exceeds the limit, the price charged will be (Transaction Cost) * (Rate Thereafter). Otherwise it will just be (Price).

I would like to sum this over all my data - however I can't manage to get Qlikview to process the if([Transaction Cost] > [Limit]) condition line-by-line. An obvious solution would be to just do it in Excel, but I would like the two inputfield columns to be flexible and changeable within the Qlikview interface.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tony,

At a quick glance it sounds like you should be able to use Aggr() and aggregate over your dimension(s), which basically allows you to process the condition line for line.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Please Find the attachment.. Hope it will help you

Regards

Revathy

Not applicable
Author

Hi - I really appreciate your help. However I am trying to calculate this sum over all my data - and do it within 1 cell. I.e. in TestSample2 I want to be able to sum up the Price column in the pivottable using a single formula.

Does that make sense? Can you help?

Not applicable
Author

Hi - I really appreciate your help. However I am trying to calculate this sum over all my data - and do it within 1 cell. I.e. in TestSample2 I want to be able to sum up the Price column in the pivottable using a single formula.

Not applicable
Author