Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Inputfield - Working with results of input

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having a lot of trouble working with an inputfield.

In short, what I require is Qlikview to calculate a sum for me which is made up of two parts - determined by an if statement.

The difficulty is that the if statement conditions on the value in an inputfield.

More clearly - my data looks like this:

Price     Transaction Cost     Limit (inputfield)     Rate Thereafter (inputfield)

20         50                          100                         1%

20         150                        100                         1%

20         200                        100                         1%

20         80                          100                         1%

If the transaction cost exceeds the limit, the price charged will be (Transaction Cost) * (Rate Thereafter). Otherwise it will just be (Price).

I would like to sum this over all my data - however I can't manage to get Qlikview to process the if([Transaction Cost] > [Limit]) condition line-by-line. An obvious solution would be to just do it in Excel, but I would like the two inputfield columns to be flexible and changeable within the Qlikview interface.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

5 Replies
jsn
Honored Contributor

Re: Inputfield - Working with results of input

Hi Tony,

At a quick glance it sounds like you should be able to use Aggr() and aggregate over your dimension(s), which basically allows you to process the condition line for line.

revathy_a
New Contributor III

Hi

Please Find the attachment.. Hope it will help you

Regards

Revathy

Not applicable

Hi - I really appreciate your help. However I am trying to calculate this sum over all my data - and do it within 1 cell. I.e. in TestSample2 I want to be able to sum up the Price column in the pivottable using a single formula.

Does that make sense? Can you help?

Not applicable

Hi - I really appreciate your help. However I am trying to calculate this sum over all my data - and do it within 1 cell. I.e. in TestSample2 I want to be able to sum up the Price column in the pivottable using a single formula.

Not applicable

Community Browser