Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inputfield on server

Hello!

In my document I am using an inputfield. This is then showed in a straight table with inputsum(FieldName).

This works on the desktop client, but when it's deployed on the server the expression is just showing null values. And if one hovers over the value, it cannot be changed.

If I open up the document before it's published, it works.
On the server, it doesn't work.

If I download the document from the server, it doesn't work.

Am I missing anything needed from me in the publishing?

Thanks,

Stefan

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok, an update. We have kinda sort of (...) gotten it to work.

First we got the values to at least be visible, but wrong.

We identified the reason to be a filter done in the distribution. If this filter was removed, the right values were shown. And this is strange, because that filter shouldn't affect the field.

But after we have gotten the right values, the field could not be updated. The inputfield arrow showed, and one could type in new numbers. But when one hit enter, the field wasn't updated. They could however be changed if one used the field in a list box or in a table box.

We then identified the reason for this being that the field in the straight table had an integer formatting applied. If the formatting was removed, so it used the expression default, one could update the values.

So now the right values are shown, and they can be updated. We would however still like to add the filter in the distribution and format the field...

Not applicable
Author

Stefan:

We have one such in production which works with filters. We use QV 11 IR.

Also the client uses this thru IEPLUGIN (I am no sure of the version).

Regards,

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

I discovered an issue where the field was uneditable in Web View if I was hiding the Dimension column. Once I showed the dimension column, the field became editable in Web View.