Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Inserting Columns in a table

Hi,

I have pulled some data via an Oracle Database through an OLEDB connection, and would like to know if it is possible to insert a new column of data into the existing table which makes use of an expression of the initial extracted data. An example is as below:

IDCountryLast ConnectionLast Connection (New Column)
ID1Country112:28:33 14/8/17Less than 3 days
ID2Country11:10:22 9/8/173 - 7 days
ID3Country29:34:11 4/7/17More than 7 days

I am now currently able to group the data by Countries as the first three rows of data was pulled together via the OLEDB connection, but I am having trouble inserting a new column, as I would like to be able to display the data in terms of a chart, to show the number of days since last connection by country (showing the classification of days, instead of the exact time of the connection).

I have tried inserting a List Box, with an expression in it to calculate the values, but it is unable to be put into the Quick Chart Wizard as it is not seen as a field.

Any help for this would be much appreciated!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Inserting Columns in a table

Same Question?

Data from OLEDB Connection - Adding Columns

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi Jonathan,

Please find Below:

If(Today()-Floor(Date(Date#([Last Connection],'hh:mm:ss DD/MM/YYYY'))) < 3,'Less than 3 days',
If(Today()-Floor(Date(Date#([Last Connection]
,'hh:mm:ss DD/MM/YYYY'))) > 7,'More than 7 days',
'3 - 7 days'))

Thanks,

Arvind Patil

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Why don't you add the column in the LOAD script instead of expression?