Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inserting Images into Expressions

I'm new to qv and am looking to insert one of the built in images into an expression. Not sure how to go about it:

(if(WP_Consult_Table.ConsultType='External Consult Request' and WP_Diagnosis_Table.MALIGNANT='true',WP_CaseTable.Number &  ' * ' ,

if(WP_Consult_Table.ConsultType='External Consult Request',WP_CaseTable.Number)))

In the statement I want the * to be an image. Currently it is just placing an asterik as the stmt says.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

You can't able to place both image and number in the same column.. Like As use mentioned , for example, 3400 '*' ..But you can able to achieve like below..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Please try this post http://community.qlik.com/thread/36092 and see if it helps.

Not applicable
Author

I've tried to place this string in my stmt buy it doesn't work. Can you

provide help on how this string would look in my statement?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Manoj Kumar Varatharajan <

Not applicable
Author

How would I place a statement in this so a image generates instead of the *

(if(WP_Consult_Table.ConsultType='External Consult Request' and WP_Diagnosis_Table.MALIGNANT='true',WP_CaseTable.Number &  ' * ' ,

if(WP_Consult_Table.ConsultType='External Consult Request',WP_CaseTable.Number)))

In the statement I want the * to be an image. Currently it is just placing an asterik as the stmt says.

Thanks

Image string: ='qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_e.png'

MayilVahanan

HI

You can't able to place both image and number in the same column.. Like As use mentioned , for example, 3400 '*' ..But you can able to achieve like below..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Robert, Mayil was correct. Please try your if expression in the text object and you can understand the limitations.