Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Internet Explorer Connector for Desktop Version

I was trying to port the graphs into Powerpoint using my desktop version. While I was trying to do it, I got a following message.

"Qlikview Plugin for Internet Explorer cannot load local files. Use full Qlikview instead'.

What is the issue? Is there a work around for this?

7 Replies
bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Shashank,

What exactly you are trying to do? Are you exporting to powerpoint or copying graphs from qlikview to powerpoint. Not getting the exact requirement. Please provide some sample qvw or screenshot.

Not applicable
Author

Bindu, in short I am trying to copy the Qlikview object into powerpoint where i am getting this message. I can copy the image not an issue at that.

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm facing the same issue. It was possible to copy/paste "Live" objects into Office apps using OCX in QlikView 11, but looks like now in QV 12 this isn't supported. Could anyone shed some light on this?

Regards

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please refer to system requirements for Office compatibility. My guess is that you are using a new office which is not supported.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Content/System-requirements.htm

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Toni, I'm actually using Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 32 bit version, which is supposed to be supported according to the QV12 Systems Requirements. Any ideas?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Quite often issues are related to the references in the embedded object, simply that it does not point to a valid QVW resource. Do you get the OCX container in the office document or is the object not embedded at all?

Unfortunately I do not have MS Office 2010 available at the moment, so I can not confirm if it works for me or not.

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, the object is embedded in the office document and points to a valid reference (the QVW does exist). We can even right-click the object in the office doc and the QlikOCX menu shows, but the object appears as blank (you can select it).

The same behavior is happening when we use Office 2013, so my guess is that it has more to do with the plugin being faulty. We have tried in several computers.