Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Intersection of set Analysis

Hi,

I have a small Question about set Analysis. I want to know no of plans which have completed shipping but not completed(In-Progress) delivery.

When i write two different set expressions it works:

count({$<[Plan Step Description] = {'shipping'},[Plan Status]={'Completed'}> } [Plan Header ID])

count({$<[Plan Step Description] = {'delivery'},[Plan Status]={'In-Progress''}> } [Plan Header ID])

But when I conbine these two through intersection, it doesn't work:

count({$<[Plan Step Description] = {'shipping'},[Plan Status]={'Completed'}>  *<[Plan Step Description] = {'delivery'},[Plan Status]={'In-Progress''}> } [Plan Header ID])

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You want records that are in one set but not in the other.  That's NOT intersection.  That's exclusion, which suggests that you should replace the * with a -.  However, I'm not convinced that would work either, as your sets here are really at the plan step level, and at that level, there's no such thing as data that's in one set but not the other.  So I'm not sure you'll get anything other than the count of shipped complete headers.  If that's what you get, just stick a - between your two counts instead of trying to do something clever with set operators.  That's what I'd do, anyway.