Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Interval Expression Problem

Hi All,

Can anyone diagnose why this expression is not working?

Capture.JPG

The Total Time expression is:

=Interval(Timestamp(activity_totime,'M/DD/YY HH:MM:SS TT')-Timestamp(activity_fromtime,'M/DD/YY HH:MM:SS TT'),'HH:MM')

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

Use hh:mm:ss tt instead of caps..HH:MM:SS TT

So it brings. please test it in textbox bu using both format.. you can find the difference..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

=Interval(Timestamp('9/11/2012 10:30:00 AM','M/DD/YY hh:mm:ss tt')-Timestamp('9/11/2012 11:15:00 AM','M/DD/YY hh:mm:ss tt'),'hh:mm') gives -00:45

Hope it helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help, Mayil.  Using my field names, what would be different about the statements though? Am I missing something?

MayilVahanan

HI

Use hh:mm:ss tt instead of caps..HH:MM:SS TT

So it brings. please test it in textbox bu using both format.. you can find the difference..

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlikview expression evaluator takes MM as Month becasue M(Capital) is used for month.

m is used for minutes.

Dates

• To describe the day, use the symbol "D" for each digit. 
  • To describe the month number, use the symbol "M" or "MM" for one or two digits. "MMM" denotes short month name in letters as defined by the operating system or by the override system variable MonthNames in the script. "MMMM" denotes long month name in letters as defined by the operating system or by the override system variable LongMonthNames in the script. 
  • To describe the year, use the symbol "Y" for each digit. 
  • To describe the weekday, use the symbol "W". One W will return the number of the day (e.g. 0 for Monday) as a single digit. "WW" will return the number with two digits (e.g. 02 for Wednesday). "WWW" will show the short version of the weekday name (e.g. Mon) as defined by the operating system or by the override system variable DayName in the script. "WWWW" will show the long version of the weekday name (e.g. Monday) as defined by the operating system or by the override system variable LongDayName in the script

Times

• To describe the hours, use the symbol "h" for each digit. 
  • To describe the minutes, use the symbol "m" for each digit. 
  • To describe the seconds, use the symbol "s" for each digit. 
  • To describe the fractions of a second, use the symbol "f" for each digit. 
  • To describe the time in AM/PM format, use the symbol "tt" after the time.
Not applicable
Author

That did the trick. Thanks!!

Not applicable
Author

One more question.  When I export it to Excel, Excel changes the format so that an elapsed time of 45:49 (45 hours and 49 minutes) shows up as 45:49:00, or 1/1/1900 9:49:00 PM.  Is there a way to adjust the format in QlikView so that it will be exported properly?

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

Interval(Timestamp('9/11/2012 10:30:00 AM','M/DD/YY hh:mm:ss tt')-Timestamp('9/11/2012 11:15:00 AM','M/DD/YY hh:mm:ss tt'),'hh:mm:ss')

may be it helps

Not applicable
Author

I tried that but then it forces me to have hh:mm:ss in the QlikView table instead of hh:mm like I want. Hmm.