Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible add a comment to a variable in the Load Script

Hello all

If I am creating variables in my load script for use in a QlikView document, can I add comments to those variables in the script as well? I am thinking of an equivalent function to 'COMMENT TABLE' or 'COMMENT FIELD' but for variables instead.

Hope you can help - or I'll have a lot of work to do in dialog boxes!

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am also interested in this topic. Is there anyone with an answer?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this way.

let abc = MakeDate(2011,01,01) &' //Its a maximum date ';

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

How did you come up with such idea? nice...

When I open the Variable Overview dialog, the Definition of my variable now looks like this:

Sum(SalesAccounting)//aaa

Where //aaa, appear in green...

But it still does not appear in the field Comment of the Variable Overview dialog

Any other idea?

Not applicable
Author

The comments in the expression are a nice work around, but it would be good to get the proper capability built.  I have created an Idea for this.  Please vote for it here:

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2677

Not applicable
Author

Don't know if anybody is still trying to find a way to do this, but I discovered a helpful routine that might be useful for this.  If you write a macro you can export all of your variables, including any comments to an excel file, then edit (or add) comments in Excel, then reimport them to your app.  The macro to accomplish this is in the attached link.

Importing and exporting variables » The Qlik Fix!  The Qlik Fix!

"http://www.qlikfix.com/2013/09/06/importing-and-exporting-variables/"