Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Highlighted
caccio88
Contributor II

Less/greater than a variable data

Hi everyone,

I would like to compare in set analysis a "DateField" with a variable MonthYear.

e.g. I can calculate the last 12 month value for every month (in Aug15 I display the sum of value from Aug15 to Sep14) with also an if condition. But I would like to insert another condition linked with a  "DateField" great/less than a MonthYear and I can't do that.

Here the "wrong" example of my expression, in this case I'm trying to explain what I'm looking for in Aug15:

Sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<[Rata Aperta/Chiusa]={'APERTA'} , datamonthyear([Data Pagamento Rata])={">Aug15"},

datamonthyear([Data Documento Fattura])={"<Sep15"}>} ([Importo Rata Corretto]*([Importo Carico]/[Importo EM TOT NO IVA_Corretto])/1000000)),0,12)),

DataMonthYear))

I would like that the expression works for every MonthYear.

Hope it's clear enough.

I attach here my qvw.

Thx so much

15 Replies
sinanozdemir
Valued Contributor III

Re: Less/greater than a variable data

Something like this:

Capture.PNG

caccio88
Contributor II

Thanks Sinan,

but is not exactly what I'm looking for.

Your solution is about a static case, August 15, where [Data Pagamento Rata] must be greater than 2015-09-01 and [Data Documento Fattura] must be less than 2015-09-01.

But in the case of July 15, [Data Pagamento Rata] must be greater than 2015-08-01 and [Data Documento Fattura] must be less than 2015-08-01.

So what we need in the set analysis is to create a variable date and insert it. No fixed date like 2015-08-01, but something that works with a condition.

Is a bit clearer now?

sunindia‌ have u ever implemented something like that?

sinanozdemir
Valued Contributor III

I added two variables via an input box:

capture.png

caccio88
Contributor II

This is not what i'm looking for.

Maybe i'm not good about explaining my problem.

Untitled2.png

In the red square there are the right value that i would like to see in the same table. The issue is to create a variable date that changes for every DataMonthYear.

Here my qvw.

gwassenaar‌ have u ever seen something like that?

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The set in a set analysis expression is calculated at the chart level, not at the row level. That's why what you're trying isn't working.

Perhaps you can calculate it in the script in a preceding load since all the fields you need seem to be part of the Facts table:

Facts:

LOAD *, If( [Data Documento Fattura] > MonthEnd(Data)-1 and [Data Pagamento Rata] <= MonthEnd(Data) ,1,0) As Flag;

LOAD

"REP_ID" as [ID Negozio],

text("ART_ID") as [ID Articolo],

....etc...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
caccio88
Contributor II

Thanks gwassenaar‌ for your help, but I haven't got it yet.

How should I insert "Flag" in the formula of chart?

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Use this set selector {<Flag={1}>}

caccio88
Contributor II

I tried, but it doesn't work yet. Maybe I'm wrong with my formula:

Sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<[Rata Aperta/Chiusa]={'APERTA'}>}

([Importo Rata Corretto]*([Importo Carico]/[Importo EM TOT NO IVA_Corretto])/1000000)),0,12)),DataMonthYear))

+

Sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<[Rata Aperta/Chiusa]={'CHIUSA'}, Flag={1} >}

([Importo Rata Corretto]*([Importo Carico]/[Importo EM TOT NO IVA_Corretto])/1000000)),0,12)),DataMonthYear))

That's what I would like to display:

Untitled3.png

Here the new qvw with the script:

LOAD *, If( [Data Documento Fattura] > MonthEnd(Data)-1 and [Data Pagamento Rata] <= MonthEnd(Data) ,1,0) As Flag;

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hmm, I think that's a mistake by me. It should be the other way around:

LOAD *, If( [Data Pagamento Rata] > MonthEnd(Data)-1 and [Data Documento Fattura] <= MonthEnd(Data) ,1,0) As Flag;