Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diffeyj
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Limiting 1 dimension on another dimensions top x

So I have a qvw where by I am showing the top 10 customers by gross profit

RankCustomerGross Profit
1Customer A90,000
2Customer B80,000
3Customer C70,000
10Customer J40,000

For these top 10 customers I want to show a pie chart by income stream (eg. Private Sector, Government Sector, Mining Sector, etc.). So the dimension on the Pie Chart currently is Income Stream.

So if the top 10 customers didn't include any income from the Mining Sector, I don't want them included in the Pie Chart.

In addition I don't want to include any income from customers not in the top 10. So if out of the top 10 customers, $30,000 was spent on the Private Sector, that slice of the Pie Chart should be $30,000.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I assume I need to do something using the Rank Function, but I can't work out where/how is the best to do it.

The expression is already a set analysis

sum({<isParentJobClosed={0},[Period End Date]= {"<=$(=SelectedPeriodEnd)"}>+<isParentJobClosed={1},ParentJobCompleteDate={">=$(=SelectedFinancialYearStart)"},[Period End Date]= {"<=$(=SelectedPeriodEnd)"}> } SalesLineRetail)

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

From given expression? Won't work for single degrade field. The highlight one ignores.

SelectedPeriodEnd is the field or Variable?

sum({<isParentJobClosed={0},[Period End Date]= {"<=$(=SelectedPeriodEnd)"}>+<isParentJobClosed={1},ParentJobCompleteDate={">=$(=SelectedFinancialYearStart)"},[Period End Date]= {"<=$(=SelectedPeriodEnd)"}> } SalesLineRetail)

To answer your question, Perhaps this?

sum({<isParentJobClosed={0},[Period End Date]= {"<=$(=SelectedPeriodEnd)"}>+<isParentJobClosed={1},ParentJobCompleteDate={">=$(=SelectedFinancialYearStart)"}, Customer = {"=Rank(Sum([Gross Profit),4)<=10"}> } SalesLineRetail)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)