cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achitreskyitgroup
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Long Time Duration for displaying chart

We have a pivot table with more than 25 Dimensions and 8 Metrics.
The Data takes really long time to render on the screen. It increases with added metrics and dimensions. I have undergone following changes:

1. Moving Pivot Table to Straight Table
2. Flattening the Data model to pull from single table
3. Adding Limit to the number or rows displayed (The Pivot calculates all the expression before limiting the data)
4. Dimensions are pulled without any calculations

These did not make much of a difference to the times.

Is there a way to dynamically generate the row count before the chart calculations are triggered so that we can limit the number of rows.

PS: We do have filter more as an option but keeping it as our last resort as the client does not like it.

Any ideas would be appreciated

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Do you have any calculated dimensions or complex expressions that can be simplified ?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The easiest way to get further help on this one would be to attach the app in question, so folks can see the data model and all the expressions etc., otherwise likely going to be a bit difficult to really provide much useful advice.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.