Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro debugger functionality?

Why can't I get the debugger to work.... I am under the impression that it should work similarly to MS Access but I can't seem to make it work. I would like to step through the code and see values, etc and place stop lines... Does the QV debugger simply not work that way? Am I missing something? A setting or option?

Running QV 10

Thanks for the help.

12 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Rob - Have you found the solution? I have the same question to ask... please help if you have more information.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers - DV

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I seem to remeber reading in the manual (or perhaps it was a post on this forum) that for full debugging functionality, the debugger uses the Microsoft script debugger. Download the MS script debugger from microsoft.com and then try the macro debugger.

I have not tried this myself, so I would be interested yo know if that really works.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have the same problem and I have installed the Microsoft Script Debugger.

It does NOT work:

A dialog is opened at the bottom of the macro editor window and closed again immediately.

Christian

Not applicable
Author

I tried too but was unsuccessful. Still no solution.

Not applicable
Author

Script Debugging does not work in QV10, applies to both 32-bit and 64. Works fine in QV9 - but get the same "screen flash" as mentioned from christian.tiim when trying to debug. Someone from QlikTech that can confirm this? Months since this thread where opened..

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

tomlekang - I had contacted Jason Long from QlikTech. I hope we should have more updates.

Thanks,

DV

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

this is from the version 11 beta release notes:

it comes under the heading like this:

"Comments on product features

The following features are conscious design decisions and

most of them are not likely to change in coming Service Releases."

*     The macro script debugger is no longer in QlikView. The product is no longer supported by Microsoft.

seems like bed news

Not applicable
Author

yeah, quite a bad news... perhaps QlikView has to support more scripting languages!!!

suniljain
Master
Master

I think qliktech have to provide alternate option to debug macro.