Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master Calender problem with selections

Hi Experts

I have a problem with my master calender. I already made some applications with a working master calender but this one isn''t working.

I have a table called Contactmomenten with a field STARTDATETIME. I connected this field to the master calender.

When I check the mastercalender table i can see that the range of data that is autogenerated is correct

I put a Table box on the screen with two listboxes, Month and Quater to check wether my selections will work.

And this is the moment where is went wrong, i only see the data that is generated by the master calender.

So I if I don''t use any selection (Month or Quater) I see all the data (correct)

Does anyone has an idea what could be wrong? I attached my project in a zip

Update

There is also a enddatetime in the table, if i switch the mastercalendar to this date i have the same results, so then it also won''t work.

I also compared it with other applications from myself, with the same include (masterCalendar) and also a datetime field and i can''t see any differences

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

You have changed the text format of date while I suggested to change the numerical values.

See the screen attached. You have two different values of STARTDATE that just look the same.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

The problem is that your calendar is for "days" but your data contains both "days" and "time".

"Day" with zero time in terms of data is an Integer value while "time" is its fractional part.

To connect your "day-callendar" you shoud create "days" (with zero time value) in your data.

Not applicable
Author

I my following conclusion then correct:

Currently i have in my table a field called  STARTDATETIME.

Besides this field, i should make a field STARTDATE (without time).

And on this field I should connect the mastercalendar?

Not applicable
Author

i Tried the solution with a Startdate field in the table (without time).

But i still get the same results, so the selection won''t work.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Yes, thats right if you want to use masercalendar to select your data by whole days regardless of the time.

To remove time from date value you can use floor function.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Could you post how you have created STARTDATE or the whole example again ?

Not applicable
Author

I uploaded a new file with the the suggested solution

As you can see i used:  Date(STARTDATETIME) AS STARTDATE,

whiteline
Master II
Master II

You have changed the text format of date while I suggested to change the numerical values.

See the screen attached. You have two different values of STARTDATE that just look the same.

Not applicable
Author

Can you attache the solution?

or just use:

Floor(STARTDATETIME) AS STARTDATE,

instead of:

Date(STARTDATETIME) AS STARTDATE,

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Yes, use Floor. It changes the value.

Date function only changes its text representation.

You can use it to change the format (the look) from 'YYYY-MM-DD' to 'DD.MM.YY' for example and so on.