Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master calendar and Filtering problem

Here is my problem.

I have 2 sets of data that I call "purchase plan" and "Purchase actuals." With the data, I need to form a graph showing both in monthly basis as attachment shows. (please open and refer to the attachment)

Those two have thier individual date fields, therefore, I had to utilize Master calender in order to have them on a graph.

Utill this stage, everything was fine, and it worked GREAT! However, when I filter them by its type, it gave me a numbers which did not make sense.

If I filter it by "Cal_Report_Prjname," it gives right number for Actual but not Plan.

If I filter it by "Cal_Report_Prjname_2," it gives right number for Plan but not Actual.

Can anyone please let me know how can I make a perfect filter that will give me a right number for both Plan and Actual?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arniewolff
Contributor III
Contributor III

You want to be able to graph 2 different date dimensions on the same graph? I'm not sure I understand a use case for that.

In QlikView, the tables only link if the names of the fields are identical, so that would be difficult.

Thanks,

Arnie

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

check this

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Konstantins.

But, by chaning dimension, the whole result has been changed. I undertand what you tried to do, it makes a perfect sense. The bad thing is, however, the result need to be remained as the same.

Thank you again.

arniewolff
Contributor III
Contributor III

This solution leaves the calendar in the data but resolves the linking of tables differently. In addition, I had to adjust the calculated actuals to account for the Cal_Month field that I changed in the table import.

It seems to provide the correct result. What do you think?

Arnie

Not applicable
Author

That is a brilliant idea. It worked as the way you did. But I want to have the same field name. Is there anyway that I can have two date fields on a graph without using "Master Calendar?"

arniewolff
Contributor III
Contributor III

You want to be able to graph 2 different date dimensions on the same graph? I'm not sure I understand a use case for that.

In QlikView, the tables only link if the names of the fields are identical, so that would be difficult.

Thanks,

Arnie

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, that is exactly what I think. I searched everywhere and googled all the time to find a way to do what I want. But it seems not going to be happen in Qlikview.

Thank you, Arnie.