Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Menu REPORT in QLIKVIEW

Hi Community,

In QlikView, there is a menu "Report". How does one create reports using this menu? What are the facilities that bring this menu?

Please if there exist a documentation about this menu, i will be very happy.

Thanks for your help.

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Report option is not all that difficult. Once you create a new report, it basically comes down to dragging objects from your application into the blank report page. You can create text, image and current selection objects just for your report, but all other objects are dragged into the report pages from the application.

Some useful feature of the report option is the multi-page page which you can use for long tables that don't fit on one page. Also, the banding feature is excellent for printing multiple versions of the same report for each value in a filter. (eg. Sales Report for each separate salesperson.)

Keep in mind that the reports aren't fixed. When you print a report, your current selections in QlikView are taken into account.

In the QV application "What's New in QlikView X", which you can find in the list of examples in the "Getting Started" section in QlikView Developer, you can see an example report. Also, clicking on the Help button in the Reports screen will send you to the documention that describes all the features of the Reports option.

I hope that helps. Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Please can someone give me an example of qlikview application with one or many reports.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Yimen,

Attached a document with user as well as document report.

You can use macros to generate reports dynamically, but now it is possible ro schedule report creation and mailing from server which is also prefered as macros sometimes don't work on server.

Document reports are vissible to every user but user report can be seen by logged in user with proper permition.

Not applicable
Author

Hi community

Please I will like to know if it is possible to enlarge the page design reports in the Report menu. If yes, how is it done?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yimen,

In the Report Editor window, click on the menu option Report and select Report Setting. On the tab Setting there is an option to modify the preferred paper size of the report.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

I have set the paper size as Letter but it is getting automatically changed to A3.Is there any way to hard-code through macro to set paper size Letter.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Looking at the QV API you might be able to do it. There is a PrintOptions member of the IReport object, but I don't see an example to define the paper size.

I wonder why it would change automatically. What is the default configuration of the print driver you are using?

Regards.