Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Hole
Creator II
Creator II

Modify only the label of the expression in a Pivot Table

Hello all,

I use an expression in a pivot table.

The result of the expression is displayed in the header of the pivot table. I like this displaying and I would like to keep it.

I would like to modify the label of the column with the expression.

But, when I try to modify the label automatically I lose the result of my expression which was displayed in the header of my table.

Please could you tell me if I can keep the displaying of my header on one side and on the other side to modify only the name of the column with the expression.

Below a screenshot to illustrate my pivot table:

Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could put both within the label, like:

= 'MyLabel' & chr(10) & '=MyExpression'

If I need to supply some info over the used expression or to provide a bit more context I use usually the comment-area of the expression/dimension. This keeps the labels neatly and if a user want to know more he/she could hoover on the label to see this extra information.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could put both within the label, like:

= 'MyLabel' & chr(10) & '=MyExpression'

If I need to supply some info over the used expression or to provide a bit more context I use usually the comment-area of the expression/dimension. This keeps the labels neatly and if a user want to know more he/she could hoover on the label to see this extra information.

- Marcus

Black_Hole
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello @marcus_sommer ,

I tried your solution and this gives me the display expected.

Thanks a lot for your help!!