Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Monthly Variation in a Bar Chart

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new using QlikView and I have a question about how can I add a variation line in a bar chart. I now that there is an option of a mix chart and on expressions I have to add the variation formula.

The issue is that I have a bar chart of exportations (for example) and it show the tons exported month by month, I mean it show jan-13, jan-14, feb-13, feb-14.... and what I would like is to show a variation between jan-14 and jan-13 and the same for the other months. I tried with expressions such as "=sum(Tons)/above(sum(Tons))-1" but it doesn't work. I don't know how to make the difference between jan-14 and jan-13.

Would anybody have any suggestions to my questions and where to go to learn the basics concepts of the type of programming I might need.

I'll be grateful if someone answer.

Regards

John

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello!

If in your x-axes you have already ordered your month as you desire, you can use this one:

if(left(date, 3)= above(left(date,3)), sum(tons)-Above(sum(tons))) as a "line" expression.

You can also set a different scale, selecting this expression in tab axes and chek option Position> Right top

Let me know!

BR

Elena