Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

My expression is not displaying the right results.

I have two fields Attendance and Defects. I am trying to count each 'Y' in both fields. The expression I wrote:

Count(IF(Attendance='Y', 1 AND Defects='Y',1))

It is not counting each 'Y' it seems to be ignoring the second 'Y' if it appears in the same row. I have included attachments below of my chart and my data model. In the attachment below I am supposed to have 6 Y not 5 Y.  Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

my mistyping:

count(if(Attendance='Y',1)) + count(if(Defects='Y',1))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try

count(if(Attendance='Y',1) + count(if(Defects='Y',1)

neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It does not work. I actually tried that before but it gives me a '-'. Thanks for the reply though!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

=Count(IF(Attendance='Y' AND Defects='Y', something))

Anonymous
Not applicable

my mistyping:

count(if(Attendance='Y',1)) + count(if(Defects='Y',1))

neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Massimo Grossi: That expression only counts the Y when both Attendance AND Defects =Y so in the Attachment above I only have 1 time where I have Y in both Attendance AND Defects so that's why I got '1' as a result from that expression. I want to count each 'Y' separate. Thanks for the reply though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

But this will return 5, not 6.  Unless I got the requirement wrong (?)

neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The expression you have written counts each individual 'Y', which is what I needed!! Thank you so much!!! This worked! I feel very silly though. I have been working on this for a while and it was right in front of me!