Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Negative value based on type of transaction

Hi, I am very new to Qlikview and am hoping to get some help on something I am stuck on.  We had a QV developer build some reports for us already, and I am trying to expand on them.  We have a report that shows Gold and Silver analysis of our product, with style listed and price that includes invoiced as well as return (credit) transactions.  I want to get a total # of the units invoiced or credited, and this is the expression the developer added so far for a unit count:

SUM({<StyleLine={'Designer Gold'},Revenue_Flag={'1'}>} TranItem_Quantity)

This expression works in that it is totalling all of the items in the transaction, however for items on credit transactions I want it to count them as negative units.  Would I need to add another expression below the one above to count credit transaction types as a negative, and how would the expression look?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Maybe you could add a column in your load script.

if(expression_to_evaluate_credit = 1, -1, 1) as TranItem_Quantity2

The idea is to have a field that if is a normal transaction assignes 1, if is a credit transaction -1.

So in your sum(TranItem_Quantity2), you'll be counting what you need