Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyapril
Contributor II
Contributor II

Number fields as expressions in Gauge Chart

Hi all, 

Gauge charts I have done previously have needed calculations in the expressions to get a number to convert to % and have not needed dimensions.

Now however, I'm using a number field (Task_PercentComplete) and I want to create a gauge per Task_Name, showing its individual % complete.

> if its any difference there is a unique identifier Task_Number which links all the task names to one unique "order". 

So far I have only been able to make the gauge work by having the Task_Name as dimension and count(Task_PercentComplete) as expression but I get 14....% on my gauge so is not right and is using the Task_PercentComplete as a % over all 8 of the task names for that unique "order"

If I have the Task_PercentComplete as Dim, then my % changes to a higher number.

If I remove the count or the dimension, the chart shows as 100%

qv question image.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, If I understand it right you will need many Gauges, one for each task, and use set analysis to set one task_name for each gaude, ie:

Only({<Task_Name={'Arrival Checks'}>} Task_PercentComplete)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, first of all I'm not sure how you wnat to show the data.

Just to comment that you will need a dimension to assign the value to each task name.

Also note that task_percentcomplete is left-aligned, it usually means that the percentaje it's beign loaded as text, not as a number (at least if you don't have fixed it to be left-aligned). Try using Num#() to load it as a number.

emilyapril
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply @rubenmarin ,

Sorry that was my formatting change, it does at present load on the right. I have however loaded with Num#() as you suggested which gives me a whole number to work with. 

My overall aim is to have one gauge chart per Task_name so that when a single Order_number is selected, we can see the task_percentcomplete for each individual task in a nice visual format.

rubenmarin

Hi, If I understand it right you will need many Gauges, one for each task, and use set analysis to set one task_name for each gaude, ie:

Only({<Task_Name={'Arrival Checks'}>} Task_PercentComplete)