Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Partner
Partner

Parameters in Variable with Set Analysis

Hi everyone,

I have a Pivot Table in which I show 7 days in the horizontal dimension. If is there any date selected, the first day will be this one selected, and the others will be the 6 following days. In case of no date selected, the first day of the dimension will be today(), and the others will be the 6 future days.

So, in order to sum what I need in each of these days of my calculated dimension, I'll thought about using a variable with parameters.

My Date dimension is a variable (vDinamic_Dimension) as following:

ValueList(

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()-(vDay_Offset)))',1),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+1-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+1-(vDay_Offset)))',2),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+2-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+2-(vDay_Offset)))',3),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+3-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+3-(vDay_Offset)))',4),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+4-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+4-(vDay_Offset)))',5),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+5-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+5-(vDay_Offset)))',6),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+6-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+6-(vDay_Offset)))',7),

dual('$(=capitalize(weekday((today()+7-(vDay_Offset))))) - $(=date(today()+7-(vDay_Offset)))',8),

)

And my expression is:

=

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=1,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+0))),

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=2,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+1))),

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=3,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+2))),

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=4,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+3))),

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=5,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+4))),

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=6,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+5))),

if( $(vDinamic_Dimension)=7,

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+6))),

$(vOrder_Quantity(((vDay_Offset)+8)))

)))))))

Here is my question:

I want to know what do I need to use inside de variable vOrder_Quantity, in order to sum the days for each value of the vDinamic_Dimension. I thought about something like this, but it's not working and returns null values.

vOrder_Quantity =

sum({$<Day = {'$(=today()+$1)'}>} [Order Quantity])

Here is my variable for Day Offset:

vDay_Offset =

num(YearEnd(if(count(GetFieldSelections(Date)) = 0, today(), Date)) - YearStart(if(count(GetFieldSelections(Date)) = 0, today(), Date)),'#.##0')*(year(today()-1) - max(Year))  // Offset Year

+

day(MonthEnd(if(count(GetFieldSelections(Date)>0, Date, today())))*(month(today()-1) - if(count(GetFieldSelections(Date))=0,month(today()-1),max(Month)))   // Offset Month

+

day(today()-1) - if(count(GetFieldSelections(Date))=0,day(today()-1),max(Day))    //Offset day

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: Parameters in Variable with Set Analysis

Problem solved, using the variable vOrder_Quantity as following:

vOrder_Quantity = sum({<[Check pedido] = {'Válido'}, Dia = {'$(=day(today()+ $1))'}>} [Qt Pedida])

3 Replies
Highlighted
dsharmaqv
Contributor III

can you please attach your qvw

Partner
Partner

Problem solved, using the variable vOrder_Quantity as following:

vOrder_Quantity = sum({<[Check pedido] = {'Válido'}, Dia = {'$(=day(today()+ $1))'}>} [Qt Pedida])

Partner
Partner

Sorry, I can't. There is no need for that, but thanks!