cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pareto Chart

I have a pareto chart in my application (see attached). Some of the dimension values are Null. When I suppress NUll values I don't see the 100% on the Cumulative Line chart. But I show Null values then I can see the cumulative % values until 100%. How do I show 20 - 100% all values and not count Null dimension values for the chart?

34 Replies
sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That gives me 130. Why is it not showing 133?

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I get 133 without the Failure Detail filter 

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I removed the Failure Detail filter from the Cumulative % expression and it all sums up perfectly.

sunny_talwar

Super

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sunny,  I have another question: On the pareto chart I want to show dimension values until 80%, and club those that are 80-100% and show one value as "Others". So on the chart I would see bars until 80% and then one last bar with a sharp spike from 80 to 100% and the dimension value for that bar needs to be "Others". Any ideas on how to do this?

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The cumulative % expression is not working correctly for all selections. Is the below expression correct?

RangeSum(Above(Sum([Quantity Affected]), 0, RowNo())) / Sum(TOTAL [Quantity Affected])

sunny_talwar

Looks okay...

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have a filter that groups several parts and when I select one of those the total does not come up to 100%. 

The sample I attached is when I selected a value for this above filter and a part number. I just noticed the cumulative % is not working for all selections. See attached. The last bar does not show a 100%. The calculations are not correct ( I checked doing it manually and they are completely incorrect). Not sure what is wrong,

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sum(TOTAL [Quantity Affected])  is calculating right for the first selection but when I selected first filter and a product this value is incorrect unless I add {<[Failure Detail] *= {"*"}>}.

So something is really wrong. My expressions are not working in all scenarios. Any idea what could be causing this?

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Attached is the dimension I used. If you look at the data table there are multiple records for the same dimension. Could this be causing the total to not work correctly? If so how to fix this?