Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pick(Match on full data set with Set analysis

Hi!

Does any one know a way to make the pick(match expression work on the full set of data via Set Analysis?

In the enclosed QV application I have two similar looking pivot tables.

• The first one uses a normal Set Analysis expression to always represent the full set of data
  • The second pivot table aims to do the same but only in this example the set analysis is nested into a pick(match expression

Unfortunately pick(match works on the current selection why the pivot table will only show part of the set if I e.g. make a selection on the dimension F3.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Lars

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I think the problem is that for anything but the matching row, the value of F2 is null. Since null isn't in your list of values to match, it doesn't select ANY expression, so returns null for the row. One way to fix that is like this:

pick(match(only({1}F2),1,2,3,4)
,expression1
,expression2
,expression3
,expression4)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I think the problem is that for anything but the matching row, the value of F2 is null. Since null isn't in your list of values to match, it doesn't select ANY expression, so returns null for the row. One way to fix that is like this:

pick(match(only({1}F2),1,2,3,4)
,expression1
,expression2
,expression3
,expression4)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John!

You are absolutely right - your suggestion solves the problem Yes

Regards,

Lars