Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Picking two values from the same field?

Hi,

Is it possible in Qlikview to select a value from certain field without eliminating the possibility of picking another value from that very same field? I would need to use different forecast models for Latest Estimate (LE) and AsSold. Both of the forecast models are picked up from MODELID -field. However, if I pick the first one for LE from the listbox, then I am not able to choose another one for AsSold anymore.

Thanks,

Petteri

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Petteri,

normaly you can pick another value by push (and hold!!) the strg-button.

Another posibility is to click right on the listbox and use the value "select possible".

Regards

MM

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

To clarify, I know that it's possible to select more than one value from the listbox but how do I then indicate that the first is used for calculating values in the LE column of the straight table and the second one should only affect to the AsSold calculations? I have tried by creating two listboxes from the same MODELID field so that the other would affect AsSold calculations and the other LE calculations by using set analysis. However, the problem is that as I select one value for LE or AsSold from the first listbox, I am not able to choose anything else from the other listbox for the other one although I want to have different models for LE and AsSold.

Can you help me with this one?

Thanks,

Petteri

Not applicable
Author

Hello

You can create two field with the same values for Example

load

MODELID As LE_MODELID,

MODELID as AsSold_MODELID

Resident XYZ ;

Like this you have 2 fields with the same value and then you can have your calculations.

Hope this helps

Talha

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help but if I create two listboxes. One for LE_MODELID and the other for AsSold_MODELID and select one value for LE_MODELID, the rest of the available values get eliminated also for AsSold_MODELID and I can't select another value for it. I would like to know if it's possible to select another value from the same dataset once only one has been previously selected?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Did you tried the above method, if not then try to take it into one application and see if it make any meaning. If it is still not working then upload some sample application to get the clear idea.

Talha

Not applicable
Author

Why don't you create two tables with the same data but two different field names.

You will be able to play with these information from two point of view (LE and AsSOLD)

Not applicable
Author

Consider using a support Table containing a copy of the ModelId field (say ModelId2).

Then call the aggregation copying the selection:

Sum({$<MODELID = ModelId2>} somefield)

This applies the selection on ModelId2 field to the MODELID field, so that your current selection represents the LE and the ModelId2 selects the AsSold.

Is this what you where trying to accomplish?