Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table: Filtering dimension values by other dimension

Hello,

I have an inventory table in Excel with the columns "ComputerNo.", "CPU", "Storage" and "USB". It is loaded as a flat table (crosstable load) into my QlikView data model:

In the QlikView application I present the inventory table to the user as a pivot table (that looks almost like the original table in Excel). The first (vertical) dimension is the Field "ComputerNo.", the second (horizontal) dimension is the field "Component", and as expression the field "Value".

My question: How can the user filter that pivot table, such that, let's say only the rows of those Computers remain which have "x86" as CPU and "SDD" as Storage?   --> satisfied by ComputerNo. "2"

My Problem is, that I need to select those values of field "ComputerNo." which "have" a record in my QlikView data model for each desired Component-Value-combinations.

I played with the advanced search on field "ComputerNo." but was not able to filter it by multiple Component-Value-combinations.

Anyone has an idea? Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are several solutions. I think the generic load probably best fits your problem. But you could give AND-mode a try too. See these blog posts:

The Generic Load

AND-Mode

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are several solutions. I think the generic load probably best fits your problem. But you could give AND-mode a try too. See these blog posts:

The Generic Load

AND-Mode

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, Gysbert, for the valuable hints!

I used the Generic Load, which is excellently explained by Henric's blog post which you linked.

The resulting data model provides the fields "CPU", USB" and "Storage" I want to make selections in, in order to filter values in field "ComputerNo."

This is exactly what I needed to filter Computers by Component-Value-combinations.