cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot table Totals

I have a question about Pivot tables.  I am doing an analysis by region for some plants and I have a number of different capacities in my file.  i need to select the lowest capacity listed for each plant.  I then need to sum those capacities to get a total capacity by year.  i have built the pivot table below and i get the mins fine but when it sums it follows the expression and shows the min value, rather than adding them together

totals.JPG

How can I add the calculated mins together.  The expression I used for the mins is : 

min({$<[Capacity Type E]={"Installed"}>}[Harbour Capacity])

I tried dimension() but could not get the totals to work as it just keeps adding all the other values not shown as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to get the solution to work with the use of Dimensionality.  Thanks all who replied

View solution in original post

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have a look at this post which explains the solution to address you problem very well:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Sum-of-Rows-and-Expression-Total-Difference/ta-p/14...

There is an attached QlikView application within the article  as well.

Here is a screenshot of the main sheet:

Merknad 2020-02-08 070708.png

EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply

EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to get the solution to work with the use of Dimensionality.  Thanks all who replied