Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot table Totals

I have a question about Pivot tables.  I am doing an analysis by region for some plants and I have a number of different capacities in my file.  i need to select the lowest capacity listed for each plant.  I then need to sum those capacities to get a total capacity by year.  i have built the pivot table below and i get the mins fine but when it sums it follows the expression and shows the min value, rather than adding them together

totals.JPG

How can I add the calculated mins together.  The expression I used for the mins is : 

min({$<[Capacity Type E]={"Installed"}>}[Harbour Capacity])

I tried dimension() but could not get the totals to work as it just keeps adding all the other values not shown as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was able to get the solution to work with the use of Dimensionality.  Thanks all who replied

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Have a look at this post which explains the solution to address you problem very well:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Sum-of-Rows-and-Expression-Total-Difference/ta-p/14...

There is an attached QlikView application within the article  as well.

Here is a screenshot of the main sheet:

Merknad 2020-02-08 070708.png

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was able to get the solution to work with the use of Dimensionality.  Thanks all who replied

View solution in original post