Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Price Index Normalization

Has anyone successfully implemented Price Indexing with normalization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_index) ? I have been able to do the Fisher Ideal, but the problem arises when you try to normalize the indices based on the user selection and you want to only compare one particular month versus the latest selected month.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

I am not clear with the question. Can you explain it.

Regards,

Amit

Pablo_Robles
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Brian,

Have you tried the set analysis with $* option? This option permits add the current selections to the set indicated in expresions.

Can you send the qvw file in order to help you more efficiently?

Regards,

Pablo

Not applicable
Author

I've been trying something similar, but, have not had any luck.

Adding up the following: =sum( current AUP/ last year AUP * Spend Value/ Total Spend ) to get a monthly index. But, I either get allocation error or no data to display...any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

I think I may have answered my own question for once! Here's the formula that appears to give me the desired result:

=AGGR(sum( [Unit Price]/ [2008 AUP] * [Total Spend] / aggr(NODISTINCT sum([Unit Price] * Quantity),Month)),Month)

Gives me a monthly index of price change when comparing receipts to the previous years average unit price (calculated in the script) by part. Awesome! I also am able to obtain an annual total, though not in the same object. but, I'm cool wit dat.