Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Qlikview changes my expressions during load

Oke I am going really bananas at the moment.

I have been working on this beautifull dashboard for some days now and the idea was (logistics) to have inbound, outbound & storage in one script and one dashboard.

3 tabs per topic

1. Dashboard 1

2. Dashboard 2

3. Background Data

I create 1 script tab which creates qvd's per topic and than 3 seperate tabs for each topic.

So if I want to see what's going on, on inbound I load the tab for inbound and Exit Script.

Well so far so good. And now the strange things start to happen. I used conditional show for the dasboard tabs

So =count(PO_number) > 0 should give me my 1,2,3 for inbound & =count(Order_Numer) > 0 should give my 1,2,3 for outbound and finally storage =count(Location) > 0 you catch my drift...


What happens when I load the inbound script my conditional formula for outbound (=count(Order_Numer) > 0 ) changes to the conditional formula for inbound =count(PO_number) > 0  :S...

If that would be all I could live with it, but instead it changes each expression for outbound where I used Order_Number to calculate something...

Still this is not a disaster, because if I load Outbound, they all change back again and it modifies all places where is was PO_Numer to order_Number (so same thing vice versa).

However... It also messes up storage on some expressions... Not the conditional show (the one with location, but others...)

What is going on here?

6 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Qlikview changes my expressions during load

There is some kind of 'artificial intelligence' built into the software that tries to detect renaming of fields in your data model and adapts all expressions accordingly. This usually can happen when there is a single field name changed in the model.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to switch  off this kind of feature.

Not applicable

Re: Qlikview changes my expressions during load

How big are the odds that some one knows if a Senior QlikView Consultant & System Designer doesn't  know ...

This really sucks...

MVP
MVP

Re: Qlikview changes my expressions during load

Is what I've described above (single field name changes) what describes your setting?

maybe try to change more than one field when reloading...

Not applicable

Re: Qlikview changes my expressions during load

INBOUND:

LOAD SKU,

     Delivery_Date,

     PO_Number,

     [Lot Number],

     Quantity_Received,

     DESCRIPTION,

     [Width(mm)],

     [Depth(mm)],

     [Height(mm)],

     [Volume(l)],

     [Weight(g)],

     Stock_Unit,

     Units_per_Uom,

     Lot_Controlled,

     Pack_Unit,

     Product_Group,

     Vendor

FROM

Fullinbound.qvd

(qvd);

and

OUTBOUND:

LOAD SKU,

     Order_Date,

     Order_Number,

     Country,

     Quantity_Shipped,

     DESCRIPTION,

     [Width(mm)],

     [Depth(mm)],

     [Height(mm)],

     [Volume(l)],

     [Weight(g)],

     Stock_Unit,

     Units_per_Uom,

     Lot_Controlled,

     Pack_Unit,

     Product_Group,

     Vendor

FROM

Fulloutbound.qvd

(qvd);

So it is more 1 but not much more SKU is the one that matches master data table with outbound or outbound. So the <bold> ones are unique and the others are from the master data table

The Storage script is like

STORAGE:

LOAD SKU,

     Stored_Quantity,

     Location,

     Location_Type,

     DESCRIPTION,

     [Width(mm)],

     [Depth(mm)],

     [Height(mm)],

     [Volume(l)],

     [Weight(g)],

     Stock_Unit,

     Units_per_Uom,

     Lot_Controlled,

     Pack_Unit,

     Product_Group,

     Vendor

FROM

Fullstorage.qvd

(qvd);

But this one works without a problem.... At first I assumed it had to do with the fact that the dimensions are PO_Number & Order_Number both had the '_' but I also used a dummy dimensions. Same problem

MVP
MVP

Re: Qlikview changes my expressions during load

Unfortunately, I have no idea how the logic of this 'AI' is exactely working.

I am just guessing that this is causing your issue.

Not applicable

Re: Qlikview changes my expressions during load

Oke, I think you are right.

I now changed the sequence of the table labels and now it doensn't recognize it anymore as similar data sets.

Thnx