Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elstanford0430
Partner - Contributor III

Question on loading external data

I hope this is the correct Location.

I am loading external data into my Qlikview Analytics dashboard.  I am loading physician specialties and grouping them into service lines in my external file.  There are some blank specialties in my source database that I want to assign to  a group named "Other" along with some other specialties.  The blank will not group since there is no actual value in the specialty.  I tried assigning an XXXX specialty to the practitioners in this group but that will continue to change.  Is there a way to assign a NULL value specialty to a group in my excel load file used for this grouping or some setting in Qlikview that will allow me to group a NULL value?

This external data is used in a pivot table and I don't want it to appear separately in the Service line groupings.  I need it to roll into "Other".

Example of:

Attending Practitioner SpecialtyAttending Service Line Name P&LAttending Specialty
PAXX PATHOLOGYOtherPAXX
PAAP PATHOLOGY/ ANATOMIC PATHOLOGYOtherPAAP
TRANS TRANSITIONALOtherTRANS
XXXX UNDECLAREDOtherXXXX
 Other 
Labels (3)
10 Replies
elstanford0430
Author

I was able to get some more detailed assistance on this issue.  The practitioners' specialty was used to assign the service line.  The blanks occurred because there were no practitioners on the records at all, not because the specialty was blank.  A long script was written for me to populate a specialty in Qlikview where no practitioner exists with "No Pract" and then I was able to assign this description in the external excel table and it worked.