Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict number of shown values on x axis

Hello,

If i have a line graph, with 20 dates. How can i do so it only shows every second date, or every third date?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Ahh - Continuous creates an "expression" you can change under number, so you can make it dates. Then it works.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Andrea_Ghirardello

If you need to achieve a result like "show only the third country value", you can:

- add a calculated dimension using the following formula : =if(Country=FieldValue('Country',3),Country,Null)

- enable the "Suppress When Value Is Null" for this expression

Not applicable
Author

I want all values, i just dont want to show all the dates....

Like the function Continuous in the Axes tab. But Continuous shows numeric values. Not dates

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to the properties->Dimension Limits You can specify the limitation for your date shown in dimension

Not applicable
Author

Based on what? Cause i dont want to see the smallest only, neither the largest only. and neither only the first 10.

Andrea_Ghirardello

Ok...so try this

- add a calculated dimension using the following formula : =if(Country=FieldValue('Country',3),Country,'')

- DO NOT enable the "Suppress When Value Is Null" for this expression

Not applicable
Author

=if(Date_Clean=FieldValue('Date_Clean',3),Date_Clean,'')

not working . Only gives me one value

Andrea_Ghirardello

Sorry if I didn't understand your post ("I want all values, i just dont want to show all the dates....")... I understood that you would see all chart rows but only a date for date dimension...

Not applicable
Author

Let me specify.

I have a line graph with revenue the past 20 days.

i want a line graph with revenue the past 20 days, but where only every second date is shown. But the value for the hidden date is ofc shown.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Within the Axes tab you can check continuous.

Add static step 2 if you'd like to show every other date