Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Retrieving Percentage Values

Hey Community,

Currently I am trying to represent my data through Bar Charts as percentages. For example I have three main categories Functional, Non-Functional, & Business. So if the breakdown was 30, 50, & 20 respectively, I want to represent this data as 30%, 50%, & 20% instead of the actual values of 30, 50, & 20. Would I have to change a setting in the graph properties or use a query to derive this data? Any suggestions on making this change?

Thank you,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

this? if yes

- uncheck relative

- sum(val) / sum(TOTAL <month> val)

- in number tab check show in percent      

1.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

check Relative in Expression tab

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Massimo!

Not applicable
Author

Hey Massimo/Community,

If I am adding multiple dates for the categories, it seems it is taking the percentages of the values for the total amount instead of taking the percentage of the total amount for the specified date. For example if I want the breakdown for functional, non functional and business for August v. September, the percentage is calculated by the total values of both months. So instead of receiving the total percentage of functional observations for the month of August v. Sep it is giving me the percentage of functional observations ( August)/Total amount of issues for both of August and Sep. Is there a way I can get a graph where it will give me a percentage breakdown of the categories based on their respective numbers? So if I were to add months June - Sep, I can get the percentage of functional issues respective towards their numbers for all the months in one graph. Thanks for the help.

Peter

maxgro
MVP
MVP

this? if yes

- uncheck relative

- sum(val) / sum(TOTAL <month> val)

- in number tab check show in percent      

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Yes! Thank you Massimo!