Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacintof
Contributor
Contributor

Save expressions and their results in file qvd.

Hello,

I need your help....

I describe the situation:

- Every week I have an Excel file with a list of orders, which indicate the situation of the orders of products made by the different customers.

- This file I first load it in Qlikview through the script, resulting in a model with a single table with all the commands.

- Later I create a simple table with different expressions where I calculate the orders finished that week, the orders still open, orders in clock stop, orders in activation, etc ...

I would like to save the result of all these expressions every week in a qvd file. That is, I would keep a picture of the status of all orders every week.

Any idea how I can save the result of these expressions in a qvd file and update it every week?

I await your suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Right click the chart, choose export, choose "Qlikview Data File (*.qvd)" as Save as Type option, enter a name for the qvd file in the File name field and click the Save button to export the data to the qvd file. Repeat that every week.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jacintof
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Gysbert for your answer !!

But I want a cumulative qvd file, that is, in which the values calculated by the different expressions are accumulated every week.

I suppose I should add a field that indicates at each moment to which week correspond the data calculated and added to the file qvd.

An example of the file would be:

Week    #órdenes abiertas    #órdenes en REGISTRO   #órdenes en CUALIFICACIÓN  ......... 

w40         5.008                        394                                     801

The next week the calculated data will be added to those already in the file:

Week    #órdenes abiertas    #órdenes en REGISTRO   #órdenes en CUALIFICACIÓN  ......... 

w40         5.008                        394                                     801

w41         4.956                        259                                     782

Any suggestion ??

Thank you very much for your help !!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about you do a simple incremental load every week when the new excel file arrives, also adding the week number to all the new rows added.

Then in your dashboard you can simply select the week number you want to look at.  Or make line charts of values over time.

jacintof
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Bill,

Maybe I have not explained well, but my question is precisely that. How to do incremental loads every week in a qvd file after performing the different calculations of the different expressions?

Thx.