Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syedzee
Contributor II
Contributor II

Search by Id

Hi,

Please any one give me solution.

I want to search record from my excel file. For example in my excel file I have columns : Id, Name, Country. I want to use text box and entered Id in it then my search button find the specific record from my excel file and populate all data in my charts and tables etc on base of id value.

Excel file data look like this one.

Id , Name, Country

1  ,  Aon,    USA

2,    Aina,   AUS

3,    Ryan   Canda

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Use an InputBox that maps to a variable, for example "vId".

2. Create a Button with Action "select in field" where the field will be  "Id" and the value is "vId"

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is very very easy in QlikView (and Qlik Sense).

After loading the table into QlikView you can create a List Box an selecting a single value like the ID in the List Box it will filter all the associated values. In your case it will only let the single row with the associated row/record values be selected.

Any visualization or UI objects will only find the selected and associated values and not the entire dataset - unless you deselect the ID.

syedzee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your solution but my requirement is with textbox search not Listbox. I have done with listbox but criteria is with Text box search. Kindly give me solution with textbox search option. I want search with by Id and by Name. When i entered the value in text box specific value search the record from excel file and load it.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Use an InputBox that maps to a variable, for example "vId".

2. Create a Button with Action "select in field" where the field will be  "Id" and the value is "vId"

-Rob

syedzee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply and solution, I have created as you mentioned. it works fine only on sort criteria, for example

I'm using  expression in Textbox sort

=Customer_ID=$(vld)

but when I'm loading data in table box on base of search value specific records goes on first row when I'm clicking button and rest of the records showing after this.

But when I' m using in general tab calaculation conditon to filter the data on specific variable values

=Customer_ID=$(vld)

it doesn't show me any record base of filter search value.

kindly guide.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not following. Could you please post screenshots of the properties dialogs?

-Rob

syedzee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Actually I have applied solution on Straight table it works fine it filter the record on base of variable value, But when i ' m using Table box its not filtering data on base of search criteria/ variable value.  Please guide me how can i use table box with search variable values.

Thanks