Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Section Access (How can I get it to work right?)

If I add what I show below, when I re-enter the report it prompts me correctly for USERID and PASSWORD. But the report will not refresh on the Qlikview Server.

Capture1.JPG

So I add the user group for the server in the NTNAME shown below and it loads. But then uppon return to the report it says access is denied! I still have my USERID and PASSWORD set, yet it will not let me in. I have tried changing both ACCESS to ADMIN with no luck. How can Iget access AND allow the server to update the report?

Capture2.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That is the place, but you can only add one Section Access acount there.  Enter the one that has Admin access and can refresh the application.  Then the server can refresh the application.  If you want to manually refresh, I think you have to assign your account Admin ACCESS, and not USER.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi, on server -> Documents -> Reload

Exists a text field to set your user to access the document.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

But what does this have to do with the section access within scripting? That is what I am setting up here. I can access it with my user as I have displayed, but cannot refresh on the management console unless I add the QV Server user group, but with that user group added then I cannot open the document anymore.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You need to have an administrator type account in your Section Accesss and then you have to add that account to the reload screen in QVS, as Eduardo is describing.  If you don't,  the QVS Service Account will try to open the document, but won't be able to get into it and refresh it becuase the Section access account is not entered in the QVS screens for use by the service account.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

so you are talking the part below? add the multiple userID or whatever to this section and the password to access? How does this work with a Windows group if it were set up? Because as I wrote, if I add the user group sk-Qlikview without a password to access, the server can refresh but then I cannot. So then do I add my user?

How does Section Access work in reference to blocking just a tab of a report?

Capture.JPG

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That is the place, but you can only add one Section Access acount there.  Enter the one that has Admin access and can refresh the application.  Then the server can refresh the application.  If you want to manually refresh, I think you have to assign your account Admin ACCESS, and not USER.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, I will have to play around with that a little. I assume I should be able to give both myself and the QV server group admin ACCESS and then be able to access the report?

Do you have any experience limiting access to certain tabs in a report?

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I don't have experience with limiting tabs, but this post might be of use.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/32819

Nate