Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select in Field Action - Timestamp Precision

When applying a timestamp based filter in an Select in Field Action, the filtering does not appear to be getting applied to the correct precision (see attached example).  The same type of formula in the chart appears to behave correctly (I wouldn't expect the rows outlined in red to appear in the chart). 

Select In Field - Timestamp Precision.png

This is quite critical for implementing bitemporal reporting, so hopefully I'm just doing something silly.  Thanks in advance for any pointers...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Change your search string in the "Select in Field" action to

='=[Start Date]<=Timestamp#(V.Test)'

Karl

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Change your search string in the "Select in Field" action to

='=[Start Date]<=Timestamp#(V.Test)'

Karl

Not applicable
Author

That did the trick. I'm new to QV, and finding the documentation a little light on information. Seems a little odd that you have to specify the field name in the "field" field, and then again in the "search string", but as long as it works...

Many thanks for your prompt response Karl!

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yeah, I can't tell you why, but the implicit search string structured "<=5" seems to be processed differently than explicit search string "=Field<=5".  I tried manually searching for "<=41275.083333322" in the list box and get the same error. 

They both should work, so you really might have found a bug.

The only you didn't need to put in your expression was the $() dollar sign expansion since the variable is a value and not an expression that you want to evaluate before evaluating the rest of the expression.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Makes sense regarding the expansion. When not explicitly specifying the field name in the search string - presumably QV is heading down some other code path to build the search string formula internally, and one of the variables isn't typed to cope with the precision.  I'll pass this info on to QV support.  At least there is a work around - thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers,

Graeme

Not applicable
Author

Has been passed over to analysis team with ID 45150, so looks like a bug.  Will update on outcome.

Not applicable
Author

This has been logged as bug 45150.