Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting all values of a listbox on selecting "select all" in other listbox

Hi,

I have a listbox with value "Select All", it is of checkbox type.

And i have one more listbox, which has many values like Mango,Apple,Orange,Banana.

so clicking on Select All checkbox, it should select all these values in other listbox.

And uncheck of Select All checkbox, should unselect all these values in other listbox.

How we can achieve this?

4 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could use a trigger for this, however I would avoid it and use a button instead if possible. Triggers don't always fire, for example on Bookmark selections or Clear All button. So, either:

Create a button called "Select all" and add an action to Select in Field. Put in the field name and put * in the search string.

or

Add a trigger for the OnSelect event of the field with the Select All value, using the same action as the button.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Thanks for reply, but clicking on that checkbox again, should deselect all selected values in other listbox.

that i want it. I have done this select in field for the checkbox and made *.

but i want to clear other listbox when i uncheck the select all checkbox.

so how i can do that?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

OK. You need to bear in mind that you may select all the values, but other selections elsewhere may change this.  To ensure all possible values are selected when you tick the box and all selections are cleared when you uncheck it, try changing the OnSelect trigger action to:

Select in Field:

Field = Field2 (Field2 = Mango, Apple etc)

Search string = IF(Index(Field1,'Select all'),'*','') (Field1 = 'Select all' etc)

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I'm new with Qv and I need select one value and all values "<= " than the value selected. How can I do it ?