Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillipmacd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sending email from a link in a table???

Hi Experts, hope someone would be able to help me with my query.

just some background... the QlikView App is opend on the Access Point.

i have a table that show data from our ticket system,

TICKET, TITLE ..........

i have an expression = 'Edit Ticket' & '<url>' & 'http://...............' & Only(TICKET) - This links to Ticket system to view the ticket.(opens new tab in browser)

with an email we can send info to the Ticket system that updates info for that ticket (depending on criteria sent)

I want to ad an expression to Email to the Ticket System, based on the above expression.

='Update Ticket' & '<url>mailto:' & '[EMAIL Address]' &'&subject=TICK:'& only([TICKET])&'&' &'body=......'  this works fine but it opens the default email client for the user and the user has to send the email.

Is there a way I can send the email to the Ticket System containing the expression values without the email client opening for the end user.????( Has to happen without any interactions)

I don't want to Use a Macro to send the email because the users use the Access Point to view the QlikView App. As far as my knowledge goes the macro won't run in the Access Point.

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I don't think that this will be possible just with the mailto because AFAIK it will always need any script like javascript or php which could send the mail.

This indicates already one possibility to resolve the task by manipulating the Qlik js-files to add this feature. Another way might be the use of a document-extension. Also thinkable is to add some kind of script/macro into the mail-clients of your users which may recognize the opening mail-window and send them automatically.

A further possibility could be to avoid the mailto and just add the update-info to a url within some special variables and a script on this site extract these data again and writes/updates it into your ticket-system.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't think that this will be possible just with the mailto because AFAIK it will always need any script like javascript or php which could send the mail.

This indicates already one possibility to resolve the task by manipulating the Qlik js-files to add this feature. Another way might be the use of a document-extension. Also thinkable is to add some kind of script/macro into the mail-clients of your users which may recognize the opening mail-window and send them automatically.

A further possibility could be to avoid the mailto and just add the update-info to a url within some special variables and a script on this site extract these data again and writes/updates it into your ticket-system.

- Marcus

phillipmacd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your input Marcus. Much appreciated.

I think I will stick with the mail-to option, this should let the user ensure that the info being sent to the ticket system is correct.

Thank you again

Regards