cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Getting previous day data

Good morning

I have a table with DateD and Price fields.
In a straight table, I would like to get the Price for current selected DateD, but also for the previous DateD

I manage to get the Previous DateD value with the formula =Date(Only(DateD)-1) or even =FiedlValue('DateD', FieldIndex('DateD',DateD)-1)
I also manage to get the Prcie at specified DateD, for exemple =Sum({$<DateD={'02/11/2011'}>} Price)

But I do not manage to aggregate the two formulas to get the Price at the DateD before the selected DateD.
I am also unsure if there is a way not to use the Sum function, as what I really want is a field value, not a sum, but as there is only one value, the sum eqauls the value, so it does not really matter. But still maybe there is a better function than the sum I am using.

Many thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

any how you finally have your solution

Sunil Chauhan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

use below code

sum({$<Day={"$(=only(Day)-1)"}>}Price)

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sum({$<Day={"$(=only(Day)-1)"}>}Price) does not work but

sum({$<Day={"$(=Date(only(Day)-1))"}>}Price) does work perfectly.

Many thanks

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

any how you finally have your solution

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually, this does work but only if the date are following with no missing date like weekend of Bank Holiday

If Day is a Monday, Date(only(Day)-1 will be a Sunday, while my Set of Day is Mon-Fri days. I would like to retrieve the Day before in my Set, which is the Friday.

Any idea?

Many thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you Set of Day really misses some values inbetween for the weekend, try something like

=sum({<Day= {'$(=Date(max({<Day = {"<$(=max(Day))"}> } Day)))'}>}  Price)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much, it works perfectly.

Do you think using the Previous function in the script would be easier?