Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Included and Excluded

Hi All,

Perhaps a quick one - I have a Region table i.e.

[Region]

UK

US

Fra

Aus

Global

I need to sum where Region filter is equal to 'Global' - the expression must not ignore any other selections, BUT, must ignore any selection made on  Region.

I have the following so far - however, this does not populate when selection on region filter is made (i.e. selection <> 'Global')

Sum($<Region={'Global'}>}Sales)

Please help!

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Your description is little confusing do you want the expression to filter based on selection in Region or not?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=SUM({<Region = {'Global'}>}Sales)

This should work... even if you do selection like Aus, this will work

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You will get issues when you are selecting values in a field related to Region in a hierarchical way,like City, or State.

This may render the set incompatible, hence you need to clear selections in all these fields, if the user may make selections in these:

Sum($<Region={'Global'}, State= , City=  >}Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for the replies:

Manish - Apologies - your solution is the one that i am currently already using - this does not exlclude selections made on Region

Swuehl - appreciate the advice - i can confirm there are no other 'Rgion' related fields i.e. city / state

I was hoping i would be able to re-use the region parameter i.e.

Sum({$<Region={'Global'},Region=>}Sales)

however - this does not work - Any other suggestions?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Better if you provide sample file or sample application... Further suggestion is something like an arrow in dark !

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, this won't work:

Sum({$<Region={'Global'},Region=>}Sales)

Only use one field modifier per field within a single set modifier (i.e. within <....>)

The second field modifier will invalidate / override the first definition.

Sum({$<Region={'Global'} >}Sales)

This should set the aggregation set scope for Region fix to 'Global'.