Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Set Analysis and Date Field

Hi,

I don't know how many posts I've read about Set Analysis and using a Date field but unfortunately I'm going to have to add one more!

I'm doing a formula:

max({<[ResUnitPrice.Effective Date]={"<=$(InstructionDate)"}>}ResUnitPrice.UnitPriceKey)

to get the latest resource line for a job based on when the job was created (InstructionDate field). The formula above seems to disregard the InstructionDate field and just bring me back the latest resource line. This is different to the following formula which gives me the correct result:

=max(if([ResUnitPrice.Effective Date]<=InstructionDate,ResUnitPrice.UnitPriceKey))

Does anyone know why this is the case?

From here I'm hoping to get the price for this resource line so I can start doing some price calculations but I'm falling at the first hurdle.

Hoping someone can help,

Chris

2 Replies
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

And it appears by taking the label off the column name that the InspectionDate field is indeed showing as blank.

Hmph.

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Oh well. Kept trying but to no success. I suppose I might just not be able to do it in QlikView.