Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor

Set Analysis: limit identifier to one field

Dear QlikView-Community,

I've got a question regarding the set analysis.

I want to build a bubble chart which shows the purchasing volume throughout the past 12 months. If no FY is selected, the chart is supposed to show the past 12 months starting from the month of the most recent date. But apart from that I want to see every selection made to fields like category, customer, buyer, etc.. And that's where my question comes in.

This is what I've got:

sum( {1< Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11))) <$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}>}OrderValue)

How am I supposed to define the set analysis so the identifier 1 is only valid for the date but not for all the other fields I'd like to filter (which means every field there is). If I change the first identifier to $ the chart will only show the months of the current FY instead of the past 12. The only approach I came across but which does not really work for me is the to include every field like this field=$::field in the set analysis. But as mentioned before: I want to be able to filter every field there is - and many there are.

Can't wait to be hearing from you

Kind regards

Patric

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you made a selection in the FY field? May be you need to ignore selection in them

Sum({$<Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11)))<$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}, Month, Year, FiscalYear, Quarter, MonthYear>} OrderValue)

qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sunny,

thank you for your answer.

If I make a selection in the FY the chart only shows values for the current amount of months of this FY. (Since we're in our first quarter of the FY, the chart only shows the values of 3 months).

The expression for "identifier 1" is:

sum( {1<Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11))) <$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}>}OrderValue)

The expression for "identifier $" is:

sum( {$<Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11))) <$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}>}OrderValue)

The selection "Kopf.Geschäftsjahr" means FY. Our FY starts in October which is why I distinguish between Year and FY in the table below.

Qlik Screenshot.png

Further selections like "Customer" only affect the values in "identifier $".

KR

Patric

sunny_talwar

Did you try this?

Sum({$<Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date),-11)))<$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}, [Kopf.Geschäftsjahr]>} OrderValue)

qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I did try but I must have made a mistake at first. But now it works

Thank you so much, Sunny.